(1) How many aborigines, male + female
are there at the station? Permanently stating [fullblood + half caste- crossed out]
(2) To what tribes do they belong?
and how many of each tribe?
(3) Are they the whole surviving remnants of tribes?
or are there others of the respective tribe
who do not live at the Station but elsewhere?
(4) [can you - crossed out] If there are some outside what is
(5) Do they still follow the old marriage rules
of their respective tribes, or are [there - crossed out]
[rules dis - crossed out] marraiges made according to our
same to Brungle
Bruce Ferguson, Walhalla - Liverpool plains
Explain (1) Mr Beardmore has [sent me a - crossed out] sketch shewing they
[can you firm a what tribes are represented - crossed out]
[at your station?- crossed out]
[(2) Are the aborigines in at your station the - crossed out]
[sole Survivors of the tri respective tribe they represent? - crossed out]
(3) What [are- crossed out] is the total number of [numbers of the resepctive- crossed out] of aborigines in each tribe
[including - crossed out] inclusive of those at the Station
or [and - crossed out] living outside of it.
I am especially interested in knowing
how many of the Kamilaroi tribes of the
Gwyder River are now living? Can you
give this information, or can you suggest how
I can obtain it?
[written in left side margin]
see under - [??]
for letter from
(1) explain that